Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work (including AED)
The Emergency First Aid at work course is the basic requirement for any size of business to meet the clear demands of the Health and Safety Regulations (First Aid) 1981.
This course gives employers a different option for lower risk working environment to the 3 day First Aid at Work course, whilst still maintaining good first aid provision.
This 1 day course is made up of theoretical and practical sessions delivered in a relaxed and interactive way.
There is no formal assessment however, all candidates must reach a level of competence to be awarded a certificate which lasts for 3 years. Each candidate will receive a full colour first aid manual and resuscitation shield.
You will cover:
- Acting safely and promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Preventing Cross infection, recording incidents and actions and use of available equipment
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Care of an unconscious casualty (including seizure)
- Wounds and Bleeding
- AED – Automated External Defibrillation
- Minor injuries (including burns)